What Does the Modalert High Feel Like
Modalert is a nootropic drug. It is a performance enhancing smart drug. Modalert is a brand name for a generic version of Modafinil and Provigil. Modalert improves wakefulness. It is used to manage sleep disorders such as:
- Shift work sleep disorder
- Idiopathic hypersomnia
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
Modalert does not cure these conditions. It only helps manage the conditions. Modalert works by inhibiting dopamine reuptake. This indirectly activates a chain of events in the brain that lead to heightened arousal. The use of Modalert as a cognitive enhancing drug is off-label. It increases motivation, improves focus and enhances mental acuity.
This article is about a prescription medication. Its use and sale are regulated. This article is meant to be informative. It is not medical advice. Please consult your primary care physician before taking Modalert.
What does the Modalert high feel like?
There are several smart drugs available today. Modalert is different from the other drugs for several reasons. The effects of taking the drug are highlighted below.
- It does not create dependency. This is very significant. If you are considering buying this drug, you should know this. You will not be in danger of becoming addicted. Modalert can actually help you overcome addictions.
- It is not a stimulant. Modalert is a central nervous system stimulant. The Modalert high improves cognitive performance. Unlike other drugs that work this way, Modalert has no side effects. Modalert increases hypothalamic histamine levels. It does not target norepinephrine or epinephrine the way amphetamine based stimulants do. Modalert does not increase heart rate or blood pressure. Modalert will not make you jittery like typical stimulants. There is no withdrawal or crash associated with this drug.
- It does not have many side effects. Taking Modalert is relatively safe. For the majority of people, there are few to no side effects. People with cirrhosis and cardiovascular conditions are at risk for problems with interaction. There are inactive ingredients in Modalert could cause a reaction. Modalert can also reduce effects of birth control. Modalert can cause SJS in a small part of the population. SJS is Steven Johnson’s syndrome. It causes a rash that can prove fatal. A genetic test can screen for this reaction. However, the risk of this condition is minimal.
- You have a positive outlook. Modalert promotes a positive feeling. This is a known effect. It treats depression in elderly patients. Once the Modalert high kicks in, you feel optimistic. While you are on Modalert, you will find it hard to feel sad or down. You will find that tasks do not seem difficult. You will not be discouraged by difficult tasks. They could even be tasks you typically hate.
- It allows you to focus. The point of taking cognitive enhancers is to improve focus. You may have a difficult task or big job you need to complete. Taking Modalert allows you focus on the task you need to complete. Modalert will make you feel refreshed. The nootropic benefits of Modalert last longer than other drugs in this category. On Modalert, productivity hours are increased significantly.
How Modalert works as a cognitive enhancer
We have already touched on the chemical reactions involved with Modalert. Some of the physical effects are highlighted below.
- Modalert improves your mood and increases fatigue resistance.
- It improves motivation, vigilance and reaction time in healthy adults.
- Modalert can reduce impulse response. This means it can overcome your bad decision-making habits.
- Modalert also improves brain function in sleep-deprived individuals.
Dosage with Modalert
Modalert has a 100 and 200 mg variant. The typical dose is 200 mg. It lasts the day if taken early in the morning without food. To account for the possibility of side effects, take the 100 mg initially. Do not take more than 400 mg of Modalert a day. Modalert has a half-life of about 12 to 14 hours. Modalert should be taken early in the morning. If you take it later in the day, you will not be able to sleep at night. Plan to take the drug about 30 minutes to an hour before you need it. You need to organize your daily tasks before taking the drug. If you need Modalert to help study, plan which units to tackle well in advance.
Drug interactions with Modalert
Modalert can influence the activity of liver enzymes that metabolize other drugs. This means it has an effect on the efficacy of other drugs you may be taking. It can cause dangerous levels of other drugs in your system. It also reduces the effectiveness of some drugs. Some of the drugs that interact with Modalert in this way are:
- Hormonal contraceptives such as estrogen and progesterone containing drugs are affected.
You should consider alternative contraception while on Modalert. Typically, this means a non-hormonal type of contraception. The effects of Modalert on other drugs can last for a while after you stop taking Modalert.
Drugs whose effects increase with Modalert include:
Phenytoin or Dilantin
Mephenytoin or Mesantoin
- Propranolol or Inderal
- Warfarin or Coumadin
- Imipramine or Tofranil
- Carbamazepine or Tegretol
- Riframpin or Rafadin
Some drugs reduce the efficiency of Modalert. They are:
- Ketoconazolr or Nizoral
- Itraconzole or Sporanox
- Methylphenidate delays the Modalert high.
Symptoms of an overdose
Just like any drug, it is possible to cause an overdose with Modalert. Contact emergency care immediately if you have taken too much Modalert. Symptoms of an overdose include:
- Auditory and visual hallucinations